Posted on

Deadline Approaching: 1099 Filings

Did you know your business or farm is required to file a Form 1099 for any payments to contractors of $600 or more?

These forms must be filed with the IRS and postmarked to the recipient by 1/31/2022.

You may need to file for the following:

  • – Services performed by someone who is not your employee (including parts and materials)
  • – Payments to attorneys (including law firms or other providers of legal services)
  • – Rent payments
  • – Royalty payments
  • – Crop Insurance Proceeds